Messy sustainable play for city dwelling families
Earth Children is an Artplay “New Ideas Lab” project where children (and their adults!) get to design, create and destroy their own indoor earth world using an ancient building material. By getting dirty and muddy inside in a creative and educational way, Earth Children aims to heal our relationship with our indoor spaces which although kept us safe from Covid-19 resulted in a tremendous loss in our sensorial experiences. It also reconnects children to nature in a convenient urban indoor setting and to their carers’ childhood when this type of nature play was more common.
What can you expect
- Activities tailored for 2 – 9 year olds and adults.
- Learn, make and play with ancient sustainable concrete
- An interactive indoor world made entirely of earth and natural materials
- Creative fun challenges that adds to the indoor earth world.
- Online Workshops where we send the materials to you!
Meet the Team
- Serene Lau – Head Artist and Facilitator
- Kathy Holowko – Collaborating Artist and Facilitator
- Sasha Heath – Collaborating Artist and Facilitator
- K Cooke – Floor manager and Support Officer
- Danielle Kwan – Project Coordinator and Facilitator
Our Earth Specialists
- Laura Marini of TERRA – Earth Architect
- Peter Hickson of Earth building Solutions – Cob expert